Sunday, November 22, 2009

Underflow won the 新光杯 (Shinkong) Competition! And I got the Best Drummer Award!

Its been a while since I wrote here. Probably nobody missed it haha..
But still, I have to keep it up!

Today I'm writing to give out a good news.

After two years of frustrated tries, Underflow has finally got the first price in a Band Competition in Taiwan. This year was the Shinkong Battle of the Bands which takes place every year in front of the Shinkong Mitsukoshi at Taipei Main Station.
A total of 20 bands participated, ranging from the usual Taiwanese Nu Metal - Linkin Parkish style, to the more innovative rock/traditional Chinese bands with Er Hu and flutes.

I don't know too many details on the award ceremony cause I was not there haha. I was getting ready for a gig with Jo Jo Ma at Sappho haha.

Well it turned out we won the first prize (NT 50.000), Eric got the Best Vocalist Award, and I got the Best Drummer Award (NT 2000 each). Not shabby..

Update: My trophy just broke into 3 pieces as it fell down to the floor of my room. I was showing it to my mom on the webcam :(

No comments:

Post a Comment