Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Jo Jo Ma Jazz Quintet Debut


The debut for the Jo Jo Ma Quintet turned out to be pretty successful.
The first set was a bit shaky, partly due to the late start and Kate's absence in the first half hour.
However, after a nice intermission and a couple of free drinks, the band seemed to have a more comfortable feel.

As expected, all of the musicians were up to the task and did a great job soloing and basically filling the room with flavour-filled chops.

As to my drumming, well, this was my first real jazz gig, and even though I felt pretty comfortable most of the time, I know that my jazz skills are as mature as a 3-day-old gestating embryo.
Hopefully after this great experience with JJM I will become a fetus, or who knows, maybe a baby :)

Thanx to the people that came! You know who you are hihi... and sorry for the unusually high minimum fee at Sappho.. wish it was up to me to decide!

1 comment:

  1. No worries Chino I do enjoyed the concert , Sandra was dead so we left earlier :-(

    ReplyDelete