Friday, November 5, 2010

A new post

I'm writing this new post thanx to my best friend Mora, who is an avid blogger and recently suggested I had a blog to share with all my friends from around the world. I then recalled that I haven't updated this blog for almost a year.. which is a pitty.

Well, a lot of things have changed this year.

I am no longer playing with Jo Jo Ma since Joseph, the band leader, moved out of Taiwan, forcing the band to go into a forced indefinite hiatus.

Also, I am no longer the drummer for Underflow.
After four years of being together, we had to part ways, since my future in Taiwan is not so certain. It basically boiled down to the fact that I don't know how much time I have left in Taiwan, and they need more compromise and security from a drummer, since they are going very serious.
We decided on this more than a year ago.. so it didn't come as a surprise. However I must say I really miss playing with Underflow. All in all, they were my musical family for over four years.
Its hard to say goodbye to something you have worked on for such a long time. However, I also feel that going out was something somehow needed in my life. Some things (in fact everything in this life) are not supposed to last forever, and as my good musician friend Jose Duarte once quoted: ""Lo bueno, si breve, dos veces bueno""

However, I'm still playing.. a lot, or should I say I'm doing a lot of music lately.
The two bands that I'm playing with are GJ (Fusion) and Alma Itana (Gypsy Flamenco). Both great bands that I will talk about in further posts.

Cheers

2 comments:

  1. Yo no sabia q tenia un blog!! :P cuidado pone un video como el de aquel mop jaja...el de mi vida cool jaja :D

    Jiejie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jajajaja que bien Lucia.

    Mae no tiene alguna grabación por ahí pa matizar?

    ReplyDelete